Population Demographics

  • The city's population is 91.4% native born and 8.6% foreign born.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [94.0%], Asian [3.6%] and Hispanic [2.8%].
  • 68.7% of the city's population is married. The other 31.3% are single.
  • The city's population is 62.1% college educated and 98.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • Deerfield, IL has a population of 18,225.
  • Men make up 48.3% of the population and females make up 51.7%.

» More about the Deerfield Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • In Deerfield, IL, the median worker income is $59,257. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • As of the last census, the Deerfield, IL unemployment rate of 3.5% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Deerfield, IL.
  • The Deerfield, IL poverty rate of 1.7% is lower than the national average.
  • The break down for commute times in Deerfield, IL is: 52.7% under 25 mins, 21.7% 25-45 mins, and 25.6% above 45 minutes.

» More about the Deerfield economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The typical home has 8 rooms.
  • Rentals are 11.2% of homes and 85.7% of homes are occupied by their owners.
  • In Deerfield, IL 1966 is the median year when homes were built.
  • $3,127 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.

» More about the Deerfield homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains Deerfield, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

60015   60062  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856