- The city's population is 99.5% native born and 0.5% foreign born.
- 78.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 4.1% have college degrees.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Black or African American [95.6%], White [2.1%] and Two or more races [1.5%].
- The city's residents are 22.9% married and 77.1% single.
- Of the city's population 47.0% are men and 53.0% are females.
- Ford Heights, IL has a population of 2,763.
- The Ford Heights, IL poverty rate of 33.9% is higher than the national average.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 57.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 25.8% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The average worker works 37 hours a week in Ford Heights, IL.
- In Ford Heights, IL, the median worker income is $19,632. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- As of the last census, the Ford Heights, IL unemployment rate of 32.1% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- $1,068 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- In Ford Heights, IL 1964 is the median year when homes were built.
- Rentals are 51.7% of homes and 28.4% of homes are occupied by their owners.
The map below contains Ford Heights, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.