- Men make up 47.0% of the population and women make up 53.0%.
- 0.5% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 99.5% was born in the United States.
- The top three races (in population) are: Black or African American [95.6%], White [2.1%] and Two or more races [1.5%].
- Ford Heights, IL has a population of 2,763.
- 78.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 4.1% have college degrees.
- The city's residents are 22.9% married and 77.1% single.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 57.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 25.8% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- At the time of the last census, the Ford Heights, IL unemployment rate was 32.1%.
- The median worker income in Ford Heights, IL is $19,632.
- Typically, people work 37/hrs per week in Ford Heights, IL.
- The poverty rate for Ford Heights, IL is 33.9%.
- In Ford Heights, IL 1964 is the median year when homes were built.
- Rentals are 51.7% of homes and 28.4% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- Homes have 6 rooms on average.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,068/mo.
The map below shows Ford Heights, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.