Bridgeview, IL

Population Demographics

  • The population of Bridgeview, IL is 16,446.
  • Men make up 50.1% of the population and women make up 49.9%.
  • 23.2% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 76.8% was born in the United States.
  • The majority (84.5%) of the Bridgeview, IL population is White.
  • 49.6% of the city's population is married. The other 50.4% are single.
  • The city's population is 13.4% college educated and 78.9% have a high school diploma or a GED.

» More about the Bridgeview Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in Bridgeview, IL.
  • In Bridgeview, IL, the median worker income is $27,992. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • The poverty rate for Bridgeview, IL is 13.0%.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 50.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 30.5% commute 25-45 mins, and 19.2% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • The Bridgeview, IL unemployment rate was 9.3%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.

» More about the Bridgeview economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The median age of homes in Bridgeview, IL is 46 years.
  • Homes have 5 rooms on average.
  • $1,671 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • Rentals are 22.7% of homes and 72.5% of homes are occupied by their owners.

» More about the Bridgeview homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below displays Bridgeview, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

60455   60457   60459   60501   60638  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856