- Of the county's population 48.4% are males and 51.6% are women.
- The county's residents are 45.6% married and 54.4% single.
- The county's population is 30.4% college educated and 83.2% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The county's population is 79.0% native born and 21.0% foreign born.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [55.4%], Black or African American [24.8%] and Hispanic [24.0%].
- Cook, IL has a population of 5,194,675.
- Cook, IL has a poverty rate of 13.3%.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Cook, IL.
- Of workers, 41.1% commute under 25 mins, 32.3% travel 25-45 mins, and 26.5% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- The median worker income in Cook, IL is $32,010.
- At the time of the last census, the Cook, IL unemployment rate was 9.9%.
The map below shows Cook, IL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.