- 51.3% of the state's population is married. The other 48.7% are single.
- Illinois has the 5th largest state population. It has a population of 12,830,632 people.
- Men make up 49.0% of the population and women make up 51.0%.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [71.5%], Hispanic [15.8%] and Black or African American [14.5%].
- The state's population is 86.4% native born and 13.6% foreign born.
- 86.2% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 28.2% have college degrees.
- The Illinois poverty rate of 11.1% is lower than the national average.
- In Illinois, the median worker income is $31,179. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- Illinois workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The break down for commute times in Illinois is: 51.9% under 25 mins, 27.0% 25-45 mins, and 21.1% above 45 minutes.
- The Illinois unemployment rate was 8.6%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
The map below displays Illinois. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.