- The majority (95.0%) of the Mount Vernon, IA population is White.
- 98.7% of people in Mount Vernon, IA were born U.S. citizens, while 1.3% were born outside of the country.
- 38.5% of the city's population is married. The other 61.5% are single.
- Of the city's population 48.5% are men and 51.5% are females.
- The population of Mount Vernon, IA is 4,506.
- 98.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 42.5% have college degrees.
- In Mount Vernon, IA, the median worker income is $11,373. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The Mount Vernon, IA unemployment rate was 1.4%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
- The break down for commute times in Mount Vernon, IA is: 71.9% under 25 mins, 26.0% 25-45 mins, and 2.1% above 45 minutes.
- The average worker works 31 hours a week in Mount Vernon, IA.
- The Mount Vernon, IA poverty rate of 9.0% is lower than the national average.
- 24.4% of the homes are rentals and 72.4% are occupied by their owners.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- $1,438 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- The median age of homes in Mount Vernon, IA is 39 years.
The map below displays Mount Vernon, IA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.