- 53.7% of people in Maalaea, HI are single and 46.3% are married.
- Of the city's population 53.4% are males and 46.6% are females.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [78.1%], Asian [9.7%] and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander [5.4%].
- The city's population is 46.2% college educated and 98.8% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- 11.2% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 88.8% was born in the United States.
- The population of Maalaea, HI is 352.
- The break down for commute times in Maalaea, HI is: 75.0% under 25 mins, 25.0% 25-45 mins, and 0.0% above 45 minutes.
- The poverty rate for Maalaea, HI is 9.6%.
- In Maalaea, HI, the median worker income is $41,250. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- The average worker works 38 hours a week in Maalaea, HI.
- As of the last census, the Maalaea, HI unemployment rate of 4.0% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- Many homes (39.1%) are for seasonal or recreational use.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $2,139/mo.
- The median number of rooms a home has is 3.
- In Maalaea, HI 1975 is the median year when homes were built.
- 25.2% of homes are owner occupied and 12.8% are rented.
The map below contains Maalaea, HI. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.