Population Demographics

  • 53.7% of people in Maalaea, HI are single and 46.3% are married.
  • Of the city's population 53.4% are males and 46.6% are females.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [78.1%], Asian [9.7%] and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander [5.4%].
  • The city's population is 46.2% college educated and 98.8% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 11.2% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 88.8% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Maalaea, HI is 352.

» More about the Maalaea Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The break down for commute times in Maalaea, HI is: 75.0% under 25 mins, 25.0% 25-45 mins, and 0.0% above 45 minutes.
  • The poverty rate for Maalaea, HI is 9.6%.
  • In Maalaea, HI, the median worker income is $41,250. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • The average worker works 38 hours a week in Maalaea, HI.
  • As of the last census, the Maalaea, HI unemployment rate of 4.0% was better than the 7.9% national average.

» More about the Maalaea economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Many homes (39.1%) are for seasonal or recreational use.
  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $2,139/mo.
  • The median number of rooms a home has is 3.
  • In Maalaea, HI 1975 is the median year when homes were built.
  • 25.2% of homes are owner occupied and 12.8% are rented.

» More about the Maalaea homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains Maalaea, HI. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

96753   96793  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856