- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Asian [38.6%], White [24.7%] and Two or more races [23.6%].
- Hawaii has the 41st largest state population. It has a population of 1,360,301 people.
- 52.1% of the state's population is married. The other 47.9% are single.
- The state's residents are 50.1% men and 49.9% women.
- 89.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 27.2% have college degrees.
- 17.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 82.3% was born in the United States.
- The median worker income in Hawaii is $31,638.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 54.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 29.0% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- Hawaii has a poverty rate of 9.1%.
- Hawaii workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The Hawaii unemployment rate was 5.6%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.
The map below displays Hawaii. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.