Population Demographics

  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: Asian [38.6%], White [24.7%] and Two or more races [23.6%].
  • Hawaii has the 41st largest state population. It has a population of 1,360,301 people.
  • 52.1% of the state's population is married. The other 47.9% are single.
  • The state's residents are 50.1% men and 49.9% women.
  • 89.8% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 27.2% have college degrees.
  • 17.7% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 82.3% was born in the United States.

» More about the Hawaii Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The median worker income in Hawaii is $31,638.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 54.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 29.0% commute 25-45 mins, and 16.8% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • Hawaii has a poverty rate of 9.1%.
  • Hawaii workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • The Hawaii unemployment rate was 5.6%, as of the last census. This is lower than the national average of 7.9%.

» More about the Hawaii economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below displays Hawaii. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856