Population Demographics

  • 92.4% of people in Ocala, FL were born U.S. citizens, while 7.6% were born outside of the country.
  • Ocala, FL has a population of 56,315.
  • 44.7% of the city's population is married. The other 55.3% are single.
  • The city's residents are 47.6% men and 52.4% women.
  • The city's population is 19.2% college educated and 84.1% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [70.7%], Black or African American [20.9%] and Hispanic [11.7%].

» More about the Ocala Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The median worker income in Ocala, FL is $23,183.
  • The break down for commute times in Ocala, FL is: 76.3% under 25 mins, 13.6% 25-45 mins, and 10.1% above 45 minutes.
  • As of the last census, the Ocala, FL unemployment rate of 10.8% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
  • Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Ocala, FL.
  • The poverty rate for Ocala, FL is 17.7%.

» More about the Ocala economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • $1,348 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • Homes are 30 years old on average here.
  • The typical home has 5 rooms.
  • 46.0% of homes are owner occupied and 38.0% are rented.

» More about the Ocala homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains Ocala, FL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

34470   34471   34474   34475   34479   34480   34481   34482  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856