- The city's population is 90.8% native born and 9.2% foreign born.
- The city's residents are 48.5% married and 51.5% single.
- 86.9% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 22.5% have college degrees.
- Jacksonville, FL has a population of 821,784.
- The city's residents are 48.5% males and 51.5% females.
- The majority (59.4%) of the Jacksonville, FL population is White.
- The poverty rate for Jacksonville, FL is 12.8%.
- Typically, people work 40/hrs per week in Jacksonville, FL.
- Of workers, 60.0% commute under 25 mins, 30.8% travel 25-45 mins, and 9.2% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- The median worker income in Jacksonville, FL is $29,745.
- The Jacksonville, FL unemployment rate was 8.8%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $1,394/mo.
- Rentals are 31.7% of homes and 54.4% of homes are occupied by their owners.
- The typical home has 6 rooms.
- Homes are 36 years old on average here.
The map below displays Jacksonville, FL. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.