Population Demographics

  • 80.8% of people in Florida were born U.S. citizens, while 19.2% were born outside of the country.
  • 85.3% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 23.9% have college degrees.
  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [75.0%], Hispanic [22.5%] and Black or African American [16.0%].
  • The population of Florida is 18,801,310, making it the 4th most populated state.
  • 51.7% of the state's population is married. The other 48.3% are single.
  • The state's residents are 48.9% males and 51.1% women.

» More about the Florida Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • Florida workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
  • The Florida unemployment rate was 8.9%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
  • Of workers, 55.5% commute under 25 mins, 29.5% travel 25-45 mins, and 15.0% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • In Florida, the median worker income is $27,288. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
  • Florida has a poverty rate of 12.5%.

» More about the Florida economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below displays Florida. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856