- 80.8% of people in Florida were born U.S. citizens, while 19.2% were born outside of the country.
- 85.3% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 23.9% have college degrees.
- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [75.0%], Hispanic [22.5%] and Black or African American [16.0%].
- The population of Florida is 18,801,310, making it the 4th most populated state.
- 51.7% of the state's population is married. The other 48.3% are single.
- The state's residents are 48.9% males and 51.1% women.
- Florida workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
- The Florida unemployment rate was 8.9%, as of the last census. This is higher than the national average of 7.9%.
- Of workers, 55.5% commute under 25 mins, 29.5% travel 25-45 mins, and 15.0% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
- In Florida, the median worker income is $27,288. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- Florida has a poverty rate of 12.5%.
The map below displays Florida. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.