Population Demographics

  • The state's population is 25.8% college educated and 87.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • The majority (68.9%) of the Delaware population is White.
  • 51.3% of the state's population is married. The other 48.7% are single.
  • Delaware has a population of 897,934 people. That is the 46th largest state population
  • Men make up 48.4% of the population and females make up 51.6%.
  • 8.2% of the state's population was not born in the United States. The other 91.8% was born in the United States.

» More about the Delaware Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in Delaware.
  • The poverty rate for Delaware is 9.5%.
  • Of workers, 62.0% commute under 25 mins, 24.9% travel 25-45 mins, and 13.2% have a commute time of over 45 mins.
  • At the time of the last census, the Delaware unemployment rate was 7.1%.
  • The median worker income in Delaware is $31,924.

» More about the Delaware economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below shows Delaware. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856