- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [77.6%], Hispanic [13.4%] and Black or African American [10.1%].
- The state's population is 32.3% college educated and 88.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Connecticut has the 30th largest state population. It has a population of 3,574,097 people.
- 47.6% of people in Connecticut are single and 52.4% are married.
- Of the state's population 48.7% are men and 51.3% are women.
- 86.8% of people in Connecticut were born U.S. citizens, while 13.2% were born outside of the country.
- The poverty rate for Connecticut is 8.3%.
- The break down for commute times in Connecticut is: 61.2% under 25 mins, 24.9% 25-45 mins, and 13.8% above 45 minutes.
- At the time of the last census, the Connecticut unemployment rate was 7.6%.
- Typically, people work 38/hrs per week in Connecticut.
- The median worker income in Connecticut is $36,787.
The map below shows Connecticut. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.