Population Demographics

  • The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [42.8%], Hispanic [33.2%] and Asian [32.0%].
  • San Jose, CA has a population of 945,942.
  • The city's residents are 50.3% men and 49.7% women.
  • 38.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 61.4% was born in the United States.
  • The city's population is 34.9% college educated and 82.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 46.6% of people in San Jose, CA are single and 53.4% are married.

» More about the San Jose Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The median worker income in San Jose, CA is $38,854.
  • As of the last census, the San Jose, CA unemployment rate of 8.7% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
  • San Jose, CA has a poverty rate of 9.9%.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 56.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 31.1% commute 25-45 mins, and 12.7% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in San Jose, CA.

» More about the San Jose economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • The typical home has 5 rooms.
  • 57.5% of homes are owner occupied and 38.1% are rented.
  • For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $2,911/mo.
  • The median age of homes in San Jose, CA is 43 years.

» More about the San Jose homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains San Jose, CA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

94089   95002   95008   95013   95014   95032   95035   95037   95050   95054   95070   95110   95111   95112   95113   95116   95117   95118   95119   95120   95121   95122   95123   95124   95125   95126   95127   95128   95129   95130   95131   95132   95133   95134   95135   95136   95138   95139   95140   95148  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856