- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [42.8%], Hispanic [33.2%] and Asian [32.0%].
- San Jose, CA has a population of 945,942.
- The city's residents are 50.3% men and 49.7% women.
- 38.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 61.4% was born in the United States.
- The city's population is 34.9% college educated and 82.4% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- 46.6% of people in San Jose, CA are single and 53.4% are married.
- The median worker income in San Jose, CA is $38,854.
- As of the last census, the San Jose, CA unemployment rate of 8.7% was worse than the 7.9% national average.
- San Jose, CA has a poverty rate of 9.9%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 56.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 31.1% commute 25-45 mins, and 12.7% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in San Jose, CA.
- The typical home has 5 rooms.
- 57.5% of homes are owner occupied and 38.1% are rented.
- For homes with mortgages, owner costs average $2,911/mo.
- The median age of homes in San Jose, CA is 43 years.
The map below contains San Jose, CA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.