- 60.3% of people in San Francisco, CA are single and 39.7% are married.
- San Francisco, CA has a population of 805,235.
- 85.7% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 46.4% have college degrees.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [48.5%], Asian [33.3%] and Hispanic [15.1%].
- 35.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 64.4% was born in the United States.
- Men make up 50.7% of the population and women make up 49.3%.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in San Francisco, CA.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 44.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 34.9% commute 25-45 mins, and 20.7% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- As of the last census, the San Francisco, CA unemployment rate of 7.1% was better than the 7.9% national average.
- In San Francisco, CA, the median worker income is $42,547. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
- The poverty rate for San Francisco, CA is 11.8%.
- Homes are 79 years old on average here.
- $3,163 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
- Homes have 4 rooms on average.
- Rentals are 56.3% of homes and 33.8% of homes are occupied by their owners.
The map below contains San Francisco, CA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.