San Francisco, CA

Population Demographics

  • 60.3% of people in San Francisco, CA are single and 39.7% are married.
  • San Francisco, CA has a population of 805,235.
  • 85.7% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 46.4% have college degrees.
  • The top three races (in population) are: White [48.5%], Asian [33.3%] and Hispanic [15.1%].
  • 35.6% of the city's population was not born in the United States. The other 64.4% was born in the United States.
  • Men make up 50.7% of the population and women make up 49.3%.

» More about the San Francisco Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The average worker works 39 hours a week in San Francisco, CA.
  • Typical commute times differ throughout the city. However, overall 44.4% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 34.9% commute 25-45 mins, and 20.7% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
  • As of the last census, the San Francisco, CA unemployment rate of 7.1% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • In San Francisco, CA, the median worker income is $42,547. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • The poverty rate for San Francisco, CA is 11.8%.

» More about the San Francisco economy including unemployment and income trends.

Homes

  • Homes are 78 years old on average here.
  • $3,163 a month is the typical owner cost for a home with a mortgage.
  • Homes have 4 rooms on average.
  • Rentals are 56.3% of homes and 33.8% of homes are occupied by their owners.

» More about the San Francisco homes including median rent and ownership costs.

Location

The map below contains San Francisco, CA. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Zip Codes

94102   94103   94104   94105   94107   94108   94109   94110   94111   94112   94114   94115   94116   94117   94118   94121   94122   94123   94124   94127   94129   94130   94131   94132   94133   94134   94158  

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856