Maricopa, AZ

Population Demographics

  • The county's population is 27.1% college educated and 85.6% have a high school diploma or a GED.
  • 15.9% of the county's population was not born in the United States. The other 84.1% was born in the United States.
  • The population of Maricopa, AZ is 3,817,117.
  • Of the county's population 49.5% are males and 50.5% are females.
  • The majority (73.0%) of the Maricopa, AZ population is White.
  • The county's residents are 52.2% married and 47.8% single.

» More about the Maricopa Population including race, age and gender data.

Economy

  • The poverty rate for Maricopa, AZ is 12.0%.
  • As of the last census, the Maricopa, AZ unemployment rate of 7.1% was better than the 7.9% national average.
  • In Maricopa, AZ, the median worker income is $31,766. This is higher than the national average of $29,701.
  • Typically, people work 39/hrs per week in Maricopa, AZ.
  • The break down for commute times in Maricopa, AZ is: 53.4% under 25 mins, 31.7% 25-45 mins, and 14.9% above 45 minutes.

» More about the Maricopa economy including unemployment and income trends.

Location

The map below contains Maricopa, AZ. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.

Largest Cities in America

New York, NY

Population: 8,175,133

Avg. Income: $33,260

Los Angeles, CA

Population: 3,792,621

Avg. Income: $25,922

Chicago, IL

Population: 2,695,598

Avg. Income: $29,913

Houston, TX

Population: 2,099,451

Avg. Income: $25,358

Philadelphia, PA

Population: 1,526,006

Avg. Income: $27,856