- Arizona has the 16th largest state population. It has a population of 6,392,017 people.
- The state's residents are 52.5% married and 47.5% single.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [73.0%], Hispanic [29.6%] and American Indian and Alaska Native [4.6%].
- The state's population is 24.6% college educated and 85.0% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The state's population is 85.8% native born and 14.2% foreign born.
- Men make up 49.7% of the population and women make up 50.3%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 57.3% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 28.7% commute 25-45 mins, and 14.0% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- In Arizona, the median worker income is $29,573. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The Arizona poverty rate of 13.4% is higher than the national average.
- At the time of the last census, the Arizona unemployment rate was 7.7%.
- Arizona workers work 39/hrs per week on average.
The map below shows Arizona. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.