- The races making up the largest parts of the population are: White [77.0%], Black or African American [15.4%] and Hispanic [6.4%].
- The state's residents are 55.0% married and 45.0% single.
- The state's residents are 49.1% men and 50.9% women.
- 81.9% of the population graduated high school or have a GED. 17.9% have college degrees.
- 95.7% of people in Arkansas were born U.S. citizens, while 4.3% were born outside of the country.
- Arkansas has a population of 2,915,918 and is the 33rd most populous state.
- At the time of the last census, the Arkansas unemployment rate was 7.8%.
- The average worker works 39 hours a week in Arkansas.
- In Arkansas, the median worker income is $24,084. This is lower than the national average of $29,701.
- The poverty rate for Arkansas is 15.6%.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 68.7% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 21.4% commute 25-45 mins, and 9.9% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
The map below shows Arkansas. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.