- The population of Alaska is 710,231, making it the 48th most populated state.
- 92.8% of people in Alaska were born U.S. citizens, while 7.2% were born outside of the country.
- The state's residents are 52.0% males and 48.0% women.
- 53.1% of the state's population is married. The other 46.9% are single.
- The state's population is 25.3% college educated and 90.7% have a high school diploma or a GED.
- The top three races (in population) are: White [66.7%], American Indian and Alaska Native [14.8%] and Two or more races [7.3%].
- Alaska workers work 42/hrs per week on average.
- Typical commute times differ throughout the state. However, overall 78.2% of works commute under 25 mins daily, 14.2% commute 25-45 mins, and 7.5% have a commute greater than 45 minutes.
- At the time of the last census, the Alaska unemployment rate was 8.6%.
- The median worker income in Alaska is $32,389.
- The poverty rate for Alaska is 8.5%.
The map below shows Alaska. Click the link in the marker bubble to get driving directions. The 'View Larger Map' link will open a full size map in a new window.